I think I must be inspiring the house guests by osmosis! The house has increased its creativity and begun to create yummy things this week. This could be also partially attributable to a 30 hour lock down, and the residents did not see the light of day for a good long time. Lock-downs are one of the hardships that many would be contestants would surely go through to have the chance at $500,000.
Porche exclaimed on feed one, “Inspired by sardines and seaweed, who’d a thunk it” after having seen and dug through the special foods given to this weeks have not’s. The house guests started throwing out ideas, and came up with quite a few good things! Porche cooked several yummylicious treats for the “haves” last night starting with what Jeff called “Heart attack popcorn” but she called it…
“Our own little trail mix”
The recipe is basically pop a bag of Microwave popcorn, covered in a caramel sauce, drizzled in chocolate and sprinkled with M&M candies.
Making caramel topping can be a bit difficult but it’s not something that I would consider too hard to give a try. The culinary wizards used oil in their concoction and I would not recommend trying (Yuck!)
My Version of Heart Attack Popcorn
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Corn Syrup
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 cups of chocolate chips (optional)
- Any kind of candy or nuts (optional)
- Pop Microwave pop corn and put in metal bowl (a large deep pan works too!), and prepare a tin foil covered cookie sheet for later.
- Mix brown sugar, corn syrup, butter and salt in a heavy 2-quart saucepan. Stirring constantly, bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil 5 minutes without stirring (get it to 325 degrees on a candy thermometer).
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in baking soda and vanilla; mix well.
- As quickly as possible pour syrup over popcorn, stirring carefully and to coat evenly.
- Sprinkle any candies or nuts (get creative!) you like over the popcorn. Then pour on melted chocolate (Chocolate chips melted for a minute or so in the microwave)
- Then put that pan of yumminess in refrigerator for about 20 minutes.
More Cooking and interesting tids and bits from the live feeds at the Big Brother house! With so many new things and creativity being shown every day, soon they will be able to say they can create…